Resizing the text
- To increase the text size:
- Internet Explorer: View > Text size
- Firefox: View > Text size
- Opera: File > Preferences > Fonts > Minimum font size (pixels)
Alternatively, scroll with the wheel of your mouse whilst holding down the control key.
- Firefox also allows you to adjust the text size via the keyboard:
- For PC: [Ctrl] & [+] to Increase the size, [Ctrl] & [-] to Decrease the size and [Ctrl] &  to return the text to its Default size
- For Mac:[Apple Key] & [+] to Increase the size, [Apple Key] & [-] to Decrease the size and [Apple Key] &  to return the text to its Default size
- This website aims to conform to:
- W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2 priority 1, 2, and 3 guidelines
- XHTML 1.03
- CSS 2.04
For those using screen readers, you have the option to skip to the navigation
The pages on this website are all print-friendly - just the Cairngorms Learning Zone logo and the page content will appear on any printouts you make
All pages are designed using CSS - no tables whatsoever have been used in the design of this website. However tables have been used to format tabular data in some parts of the site.
Structure and presentation have been completely separated - the HTML documents contain just the text that you see on the screen and some structural tags (for example, and are not used on this website)
All text is assigned a relative font size - this means that you can resize the text if you want to (see “Resizing the text”).
All informational images have been assigned descriptive ALT text and decorative images are either relegated to the CSS document or have a null ALT attribute.
This website has been tested and proven to offer full functionality on Windows and Apple with:
- Internet Explorer 7, 8
- Firefox 3
- Chrome 5
- Opera 10
- Safari 4
Screen sizes ranging from 650px to 1600px in width